Aggregated demographics data about the people who engage with your Page, resulting in the generation of a Story*, based on the age and gender information they provide in their user profiles.
Male: The number of male users who engaged with your Page, resulting in the generation of a Story.
Female: The number of female users who engaged with your Page, resulting in the generation of a Story.
Age Group: The most prominent age group of users who engaged with your Page, resulting in the generation of a Story.
* A Story is an item that appears in a user’s newsfeed when their friend interacts with a Page or its content. E.g. “Jake commented on a post from Locowise.”
The following actions can generate stories:
- liking a post
- liking a comment
- commenting on a post
- commenting on a comment
- sharing a post
- answering a question/”poll”
- responding to an event
- claiming an offer
- posting on the page wall
- mentioning the page in a post
- tagging the page in a photo
- checking in at your place/page
- sharing a check-in deal
- liking a check-in deal
- writing a recommendation
- liking a page
For more information on Facebook metrics, please refer to the following FB developer resource: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/graph-api/reference/v2.8/insights